WEB ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Last updated: Oct 1, 2023
We put access at the forefront providing arts access consulting and training that centers anti-ableist/anti-racist disability culture to arts institutions, customizing access plans, equitably and sustainably to measurably implement sustainable change in the sector overall.
Through our partnership with knowbility.org, Accessibility Internet Rally 2023, and the ATX Access Allies Web Team, VOX has committed to digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We continue to make changes to improve the user experience for everyone and apply the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Wherever possible, VOX will aim to adhere to level AA of the WCAG 2.1 guidelines, which states that sites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive.
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable.
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable.
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies.
In order to ensure accessibility we also:
- Have disability centered internal policies that take accessibility into account.
- Build all of our programs with universal design at the forefront.
- Provide our staff, volunteers and community with continual accessibility training.
- Provide audience, actor and volunteer accommodations for all of our programming and publicize those offerings on our Know Before You Go page, PR and socials.
- Maintain the highest access standards and improve our access with stakeholder feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Our ADA Coordinator is Sam Gould and she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technologies relied upon
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the VOX website. If you have experienced any accessibility barriers while using any part of the site, please contact us.